You may think you do not believe in superstitions, but will you never give those three taps on wood to ward off a bad omen? Or he will never cross himself when he heard someone talking about the devil, came around to not go under a ladder and those other little things we do not see?
If the answer is “yes” to at least two of these questions, believe me, you are a part of the large group of Brazilian superstitious. In fact, to be fair, the Brazilian’s are one of the most superstitious people in the world.
As everyone knows, the mixture of different religions and cultures brought in amulets, talismans, ritual and some other superstitions that although many people say do not believe, everyone prefers respects “just in case.” Is not true?
Below is the list that we have prepared, you will remember some of the most famous superstitions in Brazil. In the end, in the comments, be sure to tell us in which of them you believe and follow to the letter, right?
Check out the 21 most common superstitions in Brazil:
- Place a broom behind the door makes the visits go away soon.
- To find something that disappeared, give three little hops to Saint Longinus.
- Spilled wine is a joy. Spilled salt is a bad omen, but spreads coarse salt in the new / newly purchased residence to expel evil spirits, evil eye, and other bad energy.
- The palm itch is a sign that you will get money.
- If your ear warm, someone is talking bad about you. In this case, go saying the name of the suspect to the ear stop burning or bite the shirt collar, for the gossiper bite your tongue.
- Make a desire to cut the first slice of birthday cake takes the desire to become a reality.
- Wishes made for the first star of the night can come true. This also works with shooting stars.
- Play a coin in a fountain while making a wish attracts good luck and the desire becomes a reality.
- The entry of butterflies or ladybugs at home is good luck sign.
- Four Leaf Clover is a talisman. It is believed that it attracts good luck and fortune to those who find it.
- Breaking a mirror attracts seven years of bad luck.
- Flip face down can attract foreboding, like the death of his mother.
- Do not curse to light the fire because it calls the devil.
- To dream that a tooth is pulled off is a sign that someone will die in the family.
- Pass under a ladder does not attract bad luck. But who goes, is resigning to the rise and progress in life.
- Wear white clothes, jump seven waves and eat lentils on New Year’s Eve helps to attract good luck in the coming year.
- Do not eat birds in the New Year to believe they refer to animals that scratch around back.
- The umbrella should never be open indoors. This may bring misfortune.
- Knock three times on wood helps ward off bad luck.
- Friday 13 is an unlucky day and therefore requires caution.
And speaking of superstitions, is not only the number 13 which is considered “problematic” by the world, you know?